Jasminka Nadaskic Diordievic:
Making haiku and haiga is, for Jasminka, a way to
stay in very close contact with nature, to find friends and positive
oriented people around the world, and to do work that is a real pleasure
tries to create a modern haiga by using her camera and PC (photo-haiga
or digital art haiku, as Ray said)
because she can’t paint.
Kuniharu Shimizu, his work, and his clear mind-orientation
has shown her how simple a good haiga can be. Museki Abe shows her
the beauty and possibilities of photo-haiku. They both were a good
and provocative inspiration for her to try her first steps in haiga.
Kuni and Mitty have untouched style. She tries to find her own way
and sense for haiga.
* electrical engineer, poet, art photographer
* profession: 20 years as computer specialist, now professor (computers
* date of birth: March 13, 1958
* associated editor of haiga on-line website
and (one of three) editor(s) of haiku website Aozora haiku (http://web.wanadoo.be/tempslibres/hasee/en/pubcdr.html)
* five published poetry book (Time of Nettles, The
Patch of Dark, Jostling of Butterflies, An Upset
Bird and Wide Open Eyed Dreaming).
* published in many (paper) haiku magazines - Japanese (Mainichi
Daily News, Ginyu, Ko, Ehime),
American (Modern Haiku, Point Judith Light, In
Buddha's Temple, Pearls of Wisdom), English (Blithe
Spirit), Canadian (Haiku Canada Newsletter), Dutch
(Woodpecker), (Poets International), Slovenian
(“Letni Casi”), Rumanian (Haiku),
Serbian and on more then 40 haiku and haiga websites (The Heron’s
in the Light, Haijinx, Mainichi
Daily News, Asahi Haikuist Network, World Haiku
Review, Kuniharu’s Digital Haiga Gallery, Photo-Haiku
Gallery, World Tempos Journal, Inter-Arts,
* Golden Star - Toast Point Contest, 1998.
* Honorrable Mention 1999. and Second Prize 2001. - Mainichi Daily News
* First Prize and Merit - Haiku competition YU-2.99
* Second Prize 1999, Commended 1992. and Third Prize 2003. – Yu haiku
* Runner-up - The English Tanka & Haiku on Water, River, Lake and Sea,
* Third Prize - Kusamakura International Haiku Contest, 2001.
* Honorable Mention - Haiku International Association Contest, Japan 2001.
* Honorable Mention - VI Mainichi Contest, Japan 2002.
* Merit Award - 14. ITOEN, 2003.